• google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ElevenEleven commented  · 

I LOVE POTATOES

• Maddie :)Maddie :) commented  · 

its a coffee shop... not a meat place ?? sorry im gonna disagree :)

• PaulaPaula commented  · 

Well...in my opinion I guess potato sounds weird no offence.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

helloooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOoooooOOOOOOOOZx

• laurenlauren commented  · 

i'm sorry but i dont really like this name. Its just not for me but from the comments below its very popular so congrats.

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Hmm, not for me. Puns get very tiresome, very quickly.

• Steve F.Steve F. commented  · 

I love the play on words, but it does leave a *slightly* bad taste in this vegetarian's mouth. Also, "I'm a meat & potatoes man" is what one might say to justify their lack of openness to experimentation. what about MEET & DRINK?

• Kathryn WardKathryn Ward commented  · 

I'm vegetarian, but for some reason I think I'd still check this place out. Greet & Potatoes, as suggested, is still catchy and will still gets the concept across.

• Jodi LarsonJodi Larson commented  · 

Nina, if Meet & Potatoes would put off the hippy/veggie people in town, consider modifying this suggestion to Greet & Potatoes. It still retains the fun and the cleverness and references the mission of the cafe without the homophonic implication of dead animals.

• StephrStephr commented  · 

You may be over thinking the vegetarian concern, unless all vegetarians can't spell. This place will make it and catch on becasue of good word of mouth and that will start out "there is this cool new cafe where you..." Serving meat will not come into the conversation. This name is clever, easy to remember and descriptive.

• Nina SimonAdminNina Simon (Admin, Name the Cafe!) commented  · 

Very cute but we definitely WON'T be serving meat, at least at the beginning, and are in a pretty hippy/vegetarian-friendly town... but I'll keep it in mind. Two people had this idea, thanks for sharing!!

• LisaLisa commented  · 

Nice, but will be a turn off to vegetarians!

• GreldaGrelda commented  · 

ok if it's only to eat... but here you won't be creating new acquaintances!

• Steph LambertSteph Lambert commented  · 

This really is a great name if you're looking for a feed - but doesn't suggest a point of interaction.

• Steve GardamSteve Gardam commented  · 

Yep, good idea for all the reasons below

• Jodi LarsonJodi Larson commented  · 

This has a sense of fun and play, the idea that there is food (the beer will advertise itself, comparatively), and give a sense of clever creativity. This name also plays upon the idea of the "basics" --just as meat and potatoes is a catchphrase for the essentials of a meal or a concept, this cafe will get to the basicsm the essentials of human interaction and civil life.

I love this name! Good Job, Matthew!

• Paul OrselliPaul Orselli commented  · 

this name seems memorable and marketable

Feedback and Knowledge Base